If you want to achieve best-in-class search engine optimization (SEO) and create content that dominates the SERPs in 2023, then having a comprehensive approach to your keyword research is essential. With ever-evolving algorithms by Google and other search engines, it can be difficult to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to optimizing content for various target keywords. Fortunately, there are certain strategies you can use that will help you do keyword research effectively – even in the midst of such a dynamic landscape! In this post, we’ll cover five brilliant strategies for doing effective keyword research in 2023; from advanced techniques like finding keywords with high purchase intent, to understanding what users are searching for most on mobile devices.
Let’s dive in.
- Leverage Amazon Autocomplete: Many SEO experts consider leveraging the power of Amazon Autocomplete to be one of the most effective keyword research strategies today. This tool allows you to quickly scan through a large list of relevant search terms and determine which keywords have high purchase intent (i.e., people are more likely to buy something after searching for that term). Digital Marketing Los Angeles added that by targeting these keywords, you can optimize your content and increase conversions from organic traffic.
- Analyze Competitor Keywords: Analyzing what keywords your competitors are using is also important because it will help you understand which terms should be part of your overall SEO strategy. Fortunately, there are several tools available that can give you an in-depth look at competitor keywords, such as Ahrefs, SEMrush, and MOZ.
- Use Google Trends: As the name suggests, this tool is great for understanding which terms people are searching for most on Google. By using the “Related Keywords” feature, you can easily see what topics are trending in the search engine – and use that to your advantage when creating content for those topics. Additionally, this tool will also give you an idea of how seasonal certain keywords may be – meaning that some terms may have higher search volume during certain times of the year (e.g., “Christmas gifts” in December).
- Utilize Long Tail Keywords: Long tail keywords are more specific and typically have less competition than generic terms, making them a great option for those who are just getting started with keyword research. For example, instead of targeting the generic term “car” you could target something like “hybrid cars for sale near me.” This type of keyword is more likely to rank higher in search results due to its specificity, and will also help your content stand out from other sites that may be targeting similar topics.
- Optimize For Mobile Users: In 2023, it is estimated that mobile devices will account for nearly 70% of all web traffic – so optimizing your content for mobile users should be a top priority when doing keyword research. Pest Control SEO shared, there are several tools available (e.g., Google Ads Keyword Planner, Ubersuggest) that can help you understand which terms have high search volume on mobile devices – so that you can create content tailored to those users.
By utilizing these five strategies for doing effective keyword research in 2023, you can ensure your SEO strategy is as up-to-date and competitive as possible. From leveraging Amazon Autocomplete to optimize for mobile users, understanding what keywords are most likely to convert into sales, and analyzing competitor keywords – having a comprehensive approach to your keyword research will be essential if you want to achieve best-in-class SEO performance this year!
We hope these tips were helpful and we wish you the best of luck with your SEO efforts in the coming year. If you have any questions or would like to discuss further, please don’t hesitate to reach out!